Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Power

This is the last day (not counting Friday's wrap up) on our study of the Holy Spirit! What an amazing God we have!

I have to tell you what happened just yesterday morning! It has everything to do with listening to the Spirit direct us in the Word.

I have been praying about something for well over six months now and really do have some pretty good confirmation on it. However, I'm not sure when to step out in it so I was praying again yesterday. I had the whole house to myself so I was walking around with my coffee praying and talking with Him about this.

I stepped back into my office and literally prayed, "Lord, I don't want to step up to the Jordan and step in if you're not telling me to." Then I sat down and waited for Him to send me to the Word if He wanted to.

I listened quietly and sensed that I was to go to 2 Kings chapter 2. Who goes to 2 Kings!? Well, when I got there, would you believe it was the story of Elijah and Elisha at the JORDAN and it was about the passing of Elijah's mantle of ministry to Elisha and how the Jordan opened with Elijah touched the water with his cloak!?!?

I just about did back flips through my house. If I was limber and a gymnast I might have done so. Instead I called JT and my best friend and we laughed at how cool God was!

This stuff is real! I couldn't have even told where that story was, much less get the right book and chapter! Amazing.

Humility.
Waiting.
Listening.
Yielding.
Reading.
Hearing.

They all work together for Him to do His thing: reveal Christ and His will in power.

That moment yesterday was one power-packed moment. I was so thrilled, excited, overcome, and full of wonder that there is nothing on this earth that could produce the same thing. Powerful. Our God is powerful and He is more than willing to produce His power in us.
I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms... Ephesians 1:18-20
Pray that your eyes will be opened to:
  • hope
  • the riches of his inheritance
  • and his POWER for us who believe.

This power is above all things. ALL things. This power in Christ through His Spirit is above your fear, doubt, failure, strength, idols, sin, nation, government, complacency. His power is above all of that and we would be wise to find our position at the feet of that power. In such a position we recieve all the riches of Christ! In such a position do we find ourselves able to be lifted up by Christ! There is the power--Christ in us, The Indwelling.

Recieve it. Honor Him. And watch Him do His wonders.

No comments: