Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Zip It, Lock It, Put It in Your Pocket

I have three kids, two of which talk well. I have to remind them in certain situations we must "zip it, lock it, put it in your pocket" when it comes to talking. Library, movies, you know the drill. However, it's a great reminder for you and me.

There are too many times I should keep my mouth shut and I just don't. For instance, someone really bugged me the other day and instead of keeping it to myself and Jesus I decided a few friends needed to know about the audacity of this other person.

First of all, it was at a grocery store and I didn't even know the person. Secondly, it did nothing to bring any kind of encouragement to the group I was talking to. It was just ugly. Of course, I justified it telling myself that anyone in their right mind would have felt the same way, so I just kept on talking. Talk, talk, talk, blah, blah, blah, complain, complain, complain!

Next time I feel the need to complain about someone I don't know and about something that has no relevance what so ever, I need to "Zip It, Lock It, Put It in My Pocket!"

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.

No comments: