Sunday, August 30, 2009

Keys to Godly Body Image--Introduction

Keys to Godly Body Image--Introduction from Natalie Witcher on Vimeo.


Key Thoughts

If you’re like me, you know there is plenty out there to teach us how to be healthy. There is plenty out there to guide us in the way of exercise and food. I want you to use those resources, but I want more than that, for those resources to be just that…a resource.

What I want you to find life-changing is the Word of God! Take note of the verse I used just now in the video and then answer the questions below. Either answer them to yourself, or go ahead and leave me a comment.



“The temple I am going to build will be great, because our God is greater than all gods. But who is able to build a temple for him, since the heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain him? Who then am I to build a temple for him, except as a place to burn sacrifices before him.” 2 Chronicles 2:5,6

Now, we are not going to “build” the temple. If you’re breathing, God has already done that. Our focus is on giving it back to Him. I want you to take a look at your whole self: heart, soul, mind and body, and see if you could say, “Yes, I want a temple that is great because my God is greater than all gods.”



Can you say that?

Are you at a place where you want Him to be honored just because He’s God?

How can you begin today?

The last part, “Who then am I to build a temple for him, except as a place to burn sacrifices before him” will become a wonderful place of freedom for us. You see, God is the builder in us now! He has given us a tool for His glory! He is the one who has placed His Spirit in us, we then, become the ones that humble ourselves before Him and bring “sacrifices before Him.” How that looks in all practical ways will be uncovered more and more as we go on our journey.

What does it mean to “burn sacrifices before him” now as a New Testament follower of Christ? What does that have to do with us being a temple?


Okay, next week: The week of Dedication! UGH! Just kidding!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Awesome! Thank you Thank you.
I'm leading a lifegroup right now and I just shared w/ them that Body Image was one of my struggles currently. I think all of the ladies nodded their head and agreed that they struggle too. I'll share this link w/ them. I look forward to next week!!